Our Family at the Rock N Roll Cafe

Our Family at the Rock N Roll Cafe
Graceland, TN

Monday, August 16, 2010

School School School.

A week ago the girls started school for the year. Sara is in 4th grade, Juliana is in 2nd grade and Ava started KINDERGARTEN! My BABY! :( :( :( so far though, it has been going well and the girls are doing great and everyone loves their teachers.

School for me starts in a week. Most of my friends are starting school today. Mothers Morning Out also starts today. Being at home while all of my friends are starting a new semester is odd feeling. I do feel like I am being left out. I know that I have a ton of things I want to get done this week. I want to clean my house. I have 4 books I want to read (which is probably ambitious!). I want to get my stuff organized for school. I want to get the girls' rooms organized. Its just hard to be stuck at home while everyone else is busy moving on.

One of my best friends is starting nursing school today. I am so excited for her and also a little bit jealous. It is so exciting to start a program like that and really make progress towards a goal. I cannot wait to start school right now. I honestly can say that i don't remember a time when I have been this excited to start something that I know will be crazy hard!

I went to see Eat, Pray, Love Saturday night with a friend of mine. It reminded me of me. The basic premise of the movie is a journey of self-discovery and self-awareness. While Liz Gilbert was trying to figure out her love life (thankfully I seem to have that part of my life under control!) it reminded me of me a few years ago and when I decided I needed to figure out what I was going to do with my life when my kids went to school. It is a journey of self discovery going from being a stay-at-home mom to deciding that it would be amazing to be a doctor and actually start taking steps to do so. It has been an amazing journey and I have learned SO much about myself along the way (might I venture to say I may have learned more than Liz Gilbert did traveling around all of those countries? Well, she definitely learned more Italian, but I have learned that I am smart, in control, that I am capable and don't need to fear new experiences, that I can get along with anyone, from the very young 18 year olds in my classes to the much older people, that I am worth the work and worth the money and worth the effort. All important lessons learned).

So yeah, everyone else is starting school and I still have a week and I feel lost. :) I know in 3 weeks when my classes are getting hard I will wish I had this big blank week in front of me. I know I need to relax and enjoy this chance to get stuff done that i NEED to get done.

1 comment:

mean mom productions said...

enjoy it. I have that every day here girl. The feeling of being left out. its sucks but this your time to get what you say organized, and stuff.