Our Family at the Rock N Roll Cafe

Our Family at the Rock N Roll Cafe
Graceland, TN

Friday, August 1, 2008

Goodbye to Good Friends. . . .

Some of my best Mississippi friends are moving this week and it makes me very sad!

Thursday my friend Tammy (and her hubby Corey and three kidlets) all moved to Tyler, Texas. Tammy was one of the first people I met when I moved here - she was my neighbor across the street and her kids had a lemonade stand. . . my girlies (I only had 2 at the time) and I were some of thier customers. We became friends and soon I was her babysitter and she was my own personal interior decorator - she painted my bathroom and helped me re-do my kitchen. We went out together for her birthday right after I had had my baby and just hung out many times. Her daughter Emy and my Julie are 10 days apart in age and REALLY good friends. I know that she is really excited about this move and that it is a great thing for her family but I can't help but mourn this friend leaving.

And then there is Pam and her family. We became friends when I was pregnant with my now 3 year old. When the pregnancy was not going as planned, she watched my older 2 kids so that I could go to the doctor twice a week. She came to the hospital IMMEDIATELY after I had the baby to visit. Pam is one of those people that I spent a lot of time with and that I truly love. Her family is moving to New Orleans tomorrow - her husband is going to seminary there. I will miss them more than they will ever know.

So today is a sad day. 2 of my closest Mississippi friends are moving out of state and I will miss them terribly.

No comments: